We at PSL Services/STRIVE are committed to being part of the community and assisting people with emotional and intellectual disabilities to live with dignity and respect as active members of our community.
PSL Services/STRIVE offers two residential supported living programs for individuals experiencing a diagnosed chronic major mental illness and who have had a significant history of associated hospitalizations. The overarching goal of our MH programs is to provide the appropriate level, the appropriate frequency, and the specific types of goal - centered supports necessary to assist these individuals to:
- Achieve and maintain success living in the community
- Stabilize and improve overall emotional, mental and physical health while working to remain free from recurring hospitalizations
- Feel good about themselves and their place in the world
- Maintain safe, affordable, supportive housing with caring staff to assure that basic daily needs are met
We are currently hiring for a Full-Time Weekend Team Leader to work with our clients to support them in both their residence and in the community. Experience is required in direct support of individuals with disabilities with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of a strengths based and positive approach to individuals who are supported by the agency. The weekly schedule will be Sundays, Mondays, Fridays, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturdays 11:00 am – 7:00 pm and Thursdays 9-11:00 for a weekly team meeting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support to clients in home and community settings
- Ensure safe and healthy living environment for clients through assisting with household chores, meal prep and planning and personal hygiene
- Participate in the development of person centered plans and action plans for each client
- Build relationships with clients and provide crisis support when necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in direct support of individuals with disabilities with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of a strengths based and positive approach to individuals who are supported by the agency.
- Ability to motivate team members for daily tasks.
- Effectively maintain multiple and changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills.
- Driver’s License, reliable vehicle and clean driving record required
- Current MHRT 1, CRMA, and valid First Aid/CPR required.
Benefits As a valued team member you will enjoy:
- Generous benefit package including health insurance, free dental and life insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays, sick and vacation time and employee discounts
Excellent training curriculum. We pay for the training, and you get paid to learn.
- Employee Wellness Program
- Opportunity for professional advancement within the agency
- CDS, CRMA, CPR and first aid classes where we pay for the training and you get paid to learn
- Extremely supportive environment where management is committed to your success
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.