We at PSL Services/STRIVE are committed to being part of the community and assisting people with emotional and intellectual disabilities to live with dignity and respect as active members of our community.
PSL Services/STRIVE offers two residential supported living programs for individuals experiencing a diagnosed chronic major mental illness and who have had a significant history of associated hospitalizations. The overarching goal of our MH programs is to provide the appropriate level, the appropriate frequency, and the specific types of goal - centered supports necessary to assist these individuals to:
- Achieve and maintain success living in the community
- Stabilize and improve overall emotional, mental and physical health while working to remain free from recurring hospitalizations
- Feel good about themselves and their place in the world
- Maintain safe, affordable, supportive housing with caring staff to assure that basic daily needs are met
We are currently hiring for an MHRT-1 to work Thursdays and Saturday awake overnights (7:00 pm – 7:00 am) with our clients to support them in both their residence and in the community. And additional overnight shift on Tuesdays is possible if desired. MHRT's are responsible for maintaining a safe and supportive environment for our consumers. We are offering a $500 sign-on bonus as an $250 additional if already MHRT certified for the successful applicant!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support to clients in home and community settings
- Participate in community activities with clients
- Ensure safe and healthy living environment for clients through assisting with household chores, meal prep and planning and personal hygiene
- Participate in the development of person centered plans and action plans for each client
- Build relationships with clients and provide crisis support when necessary
- Position includes weekend shifts and/or Tuesday overnight shift.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s License, reliable vehicle and clean driving record
- Education in a related field or MHRT-I certification preferred, paid training and certification available if you are the right fit for our agency!
- Experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities, or mental health diagnoses preferred but not required
- Generous benefit package including health insurance, free dental and life insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays, sick and vacation time and employee discounts
- Excellent training curriculum
- Employee wellness program
- Opportunity to advance to team leader or program coordinator
- MHRT-1, CRMA, CPR and first aid classes where we pay for the training and you get paid to learn
- Extremely supportive environment where management is committed to your success
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.