PSL Services/STRIVE provides a community of support and assistance to people with cognitive disabilities or mental health diagnosis who experience challenges seeking greater independence by: respecting the value of each individual, initiating mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships with business and community leaders, and creating innovative opportunities responsive to the evolving needs of individuals and families.
STRIVE established TOPS in September 2015. It is designed especially for students who are in their 5th and 6th year of high school, known as their post-graduate years. This ground breaking transition program supports students to generalize learned skills to new settings as well as acquire additional independent living skills. TOPS provides opportunities for students to increase their independence in the community, prepare the student to transition to increase their independence in the community, prepare the student to transition to post-graduate occupations such as post-secondary education, employment, adult services and more. This program will also offer experiences that will promote socialization with other students from the greater Portland area.
The TOPS Program is currently seeking a Part-time Ed Tech III to fill a 20 hour a week position in the summer and 34 hours a week during the school year. A typical day during the summer is 8:00-12:00 and during the school year 7:30am-1:30pm . Opportunities may be available through other areas of agency programming to become a full time employee.
- Establish a safe and fun learning environment.
- Get students involved in our community through community-based programming.
- Support Individual Education Plans plan(s).
- Develop individual goals with students.
- Document daily activities.
- Assist with Adult Daily Living (ADL) skills and provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- Serve as a role model for students, offer emotional support and identify quality of life issues as necessary.
- Current Ed Tech III Certification
- Driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean driving record
- Experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities
As a valued team member you will enjoy:
- Generous benefit package including health insurance, free dental and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and sick time and a variety of exciting employee discounts
- Excellent training curriculum
- Employee Wellness Program
- Opportunity to advance
- CDS, CRMA, CPR and first aid classes where we pay for the training and you get paid to learn
- Extremely supportive environment where management is committed to your success
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.