Do participants have to raise money?
- Each participant must raise a minimum of $20 for the link to join
What does the money I raise go towards?
- The money raised goes to benefit STRIVE, a nonprofit located in South Portland that serves tweens, teens and young adults (ages 11-24) with developmental disabilities. STRIVE relies on fundraisers, like the STRIVE Rocks to continue offering programs to over 1,000 young adults in Maine with developmental disabilities.
Is there an age limit to participate in the STRIVE ROCKS 2020- The Virtual Edition!
- No, though please get permission from your parent or guardian to stay up all night.
Will there be staff online at the virtual event?
- Yes. STRIVE staff will be on Zoom during the entire virtual event. We want every participant online to have fun and feel safe, so please remember that this is a chem-free event. Anyone that is participating in illegal substance use during the event will be removed immediately.
Do I have stay for the entire 12 hours?
- No. You may stay for as long as you like. You can also sign off to get some rest and sign back on later.
- We challenge you and your friends to stay all 12 hours and celebrate the hard work you have done preparing for STRIVE Rocks and cheer on your friends throughout the night. Plus you won’t want to miss any of the hourly activities or the awards celebration at the conclusion of STRIVE Rocks! Stay all 12 hours receive a special finishers prize!