STRIVE U provides post-secondary education and training to young adults with intellectual disabilities in the realms of residential, employment, and community skills with the goal of enabling its graduates to live and work as full community members with maximum independence, productivity, and dignity.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who has strong communication skills, possess self-initiative, can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, feels comfortable with a team approach and who is also committed to providing students with an inclusive post-secondary academic experience. This is a full-time opportunity.
$500 Sign-on Bonus + $250 in addition if successful candidate is certified as a Direct Support Profession in Maine (DSP).
What We Offer You:
Generous paid vacation time, 401(k) matching, Free dental insurance, Health insurance, Employee assistance program, Employee discount, Flexible spending account, Health savings account, Professional development assistance, Referral program, Vision insurance, Signing bonus.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Assist students with all aspects of housing through Portland Housing Authority both while at STRIVE U and when transitioning out of the program
- Maintain relationships with landlords and housing agencies
- Support students to coordinate and maintain benefits (SSI, food stamps, etc.) and standing appointments (therapy, counseling, doctors, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between STRIVE U and students’ Case Managers
- Lead STRIVE U staff in training and supporting students in new apartments.
- Four years’ experience in marketing or human services helpful. Some evenings and weekends required.
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.