Camp STRIVE provides tween, teens and young adults with intellectual disabilities, ages 11-24, with a supportive, safe, and active program during school vacations and throughout the summer. During each camp session, campers participate in activities including cooking, community trips, arts and crafts, games and physical fitness and of course social time! Campers are supported at all times by professional staff who have completed PSL Services/STRIVE's full training and are certified Direct Support Professionals. We offer free certification/training at our on-site professional development center!
This is a full time position during the summer months, shifts will be day time hours Monday-Friday
- Provide a fun, safe and educational environment to campers at all times
- Engage in fun camp activities with participants, motivating and encouraging individuals as needed. Examples of activities include beach trips, amusement parks, zoos, museums, games, sports etc.
- Provide transportation to and from community events
- Planning and overseeing activities.
- We are looking for a fun, creative, responsible, independent individual who is looking to have a great summer.
- High school diploma is required, 2 years or more of college is preferred.
- Driver’s License, reliable vehicle and clean driving record required.
- Direct Support Professional certification and experience preferred but not required
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.