PSL Services/STRIVE is looking for a motivated, organized individual to fill a full time Life Skills Coach Professional position in our Bayside Program. We are seeking a flexible candidate that is eager to learn. The hours for this position are Mondays-Fridays from 8:30-4:30. We are offering a $500 sign-on bonus and an $250 additional if already DSP certified for the successful applicant!
The STRIVE Bayside Program of PSL Services/STRIVE is a unique program designed for adults with intellectual disabilities dedicated to expanding independent living skills and community connections. Usually, the program is based in a 3-bedroom apartment in downtown Portland. The apartment, as well as the community, is used to work on independent living skills and navigating the community. This program utilizes curriculum to assist people with disabilities to live and fully participate in their community.
- Supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities on their life skill goals while maintaining a safe, comfortable and fun atmosphere
- Providing support in a community setting as well as at our program locations
- Participating in community activities with participants such as grocery shopping, community navigation, learning new recipes and cooking, etc.
- Building relationships with clients and providing emotional support and crisis intervention when necessary
- High School Diploma
- Drivers License and reliable vehicle
Benefits: As a valued team member you will enjoy:
- Generous benefit package including health insurance, free dental and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and sick time and a variety of exciting employee discounts
- Excellent training curriculum
- Employee Wellness Program
- Opportunity to advance to Team Leader, Program Coordinator or Case Manager
- CDS, CRMA, CPR and First Aid classes where we pay for the training and you get paid to learn
- Extremely supportive environment where management is committed to your success
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.