Are you looking for a FUN job that allows you to make a difference in people's lives? Then this job is for you!
The Community Support Program of PSL Services/STRIVE is designed for adults with developmental disabilities and offers a wide range of community based services specifically designed and individualized to meet the needs of participants. By working from an individualized plan, each participant takes an active part in determining the services that he or she will receive. Participants and their teams focus on these areas to set goals and then use their goals and interests to form a schedule filled with classes offered by PSL staff, community events and physical activities. Class offerings may include: Healthy Relationships, Photography, Counting Money, Cooking, Writing, Graphic Arts, Scrapbooking and Professional Development.
PSL Services/STRIVE is looking for motivated, organized individuals to fill a full time Community Life Skills Coaching position in our Community Services Program. We are seeking flexible candidates that are eager to learn, as this position would involve shifts in several of our day-time programs. We offer customizable schedules and we will work with you to find hours that fit your needs.
- Supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities on their life skill goals while maintaining a safe, comfortable and fun atmosphere
- Proving support in a community setting as well as at our program locations
- Participating in community activities with participants such as beach trips, museums, zoos, games, sports, grocery shopping, learning new recipes and cooking, etc.
- Building relationships with clients and providing emotional support and crisis intervention when necessary
- High School Diploma
- Drivers License and reliable vehicle
Benefits As a valued team member you will enjoy:
- Generous benefit package including health insurance, free dental and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and sick time and a variety of exciting employee discounts
- Excellent training curriculum
- Employee Wellness Program
- Opportunity to advance to Team Leader, Program Coordinator or Case Manager
- CDS, CRMA, CPR and First Aid classes where we pay for the training and you get paid to learn
- Extremely supportive environment where management is committed to your success
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.