STRIVE U provides post-secondary education and training to young adults with intellectual disabilities in the realms of residential, employment, and community skills with the goal of enabling its graduates to live and work as full community members with maximum independence, productivity, and dignity.
We are looking for a dynamic individual for a full-time position Teaching Assistant position who is committed to providing students with inclusive post-secondary academic experience.
- Establish a healthy, safe and fun learning/living environment and serve as a positive role model
- Implement/teach residential curriculum and provide support to adults with intellectual disabilities
- Complete daily record keeping duties
- Monitor students’ whereabouts and schedules
- Take leadership role during emergency/crisis situations if needed
- Minimum of two years of college.
- Experience with direct instruction in independent living skills, monitoring and documenting student progress
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills
- High attention to detail
- Generous benefit package including health insurance, free dental and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and sick time and a variety of exciting employee discounts
- Excellent training curriculum including Leadership Development Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Opportunity to advance
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.