We at PSL Services/STRIVE are committed to being part of the community and assisting people with emotional and intellectual disabilities to live with dignity and respect as active members of our community. At PSL Services/STRIVE we work with the individuals who have selected us to support them in the life they have chosen.
PSL's Personal Home Support Services program is designed for people who have their own homes in the community and do not require 24-hour on-site support. However, their skills are such that they do need assistance in certain areas to maintain their success in the community and further increase their independence.
Areas of need are identified by the individual and his or her treatment team, and a plan is developed using a menu of services available through this level of support. The menu is flexible and includes support such as budgeting, assistance with medical and dental appointments, apartment cleaning and maintenance, assistance with problem solving and self-advocacy, etc.
We are currently looking for a motivated, energetic and compassionate individual to fill a Full Time Direct Support Professional position. The current schedule is Monday-Friday (flexible) 9am-5pm. $250 bonus for successful candidate who is already DSP certified by the Mane Dept. of Health and Human Services!
- Supporting adults with intellectual disabilities to increase independence in their personal residence or family’s homes; Primarily in the areas of meal preparation, routine housework, grocery shopping, food storage, and laundry.
- Completing all necessary documentation
- Building relationships with clients and providing crisis support when needed
- High School Diploma
- Drivers License and clean driving record
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- CRMA Certification preferred but not required
As a valued team member you will enjoy:
- Generous benefit package including health insurance, free dental and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and sick time and a variety of exciting employee discounts
- Excellent training curriculum
- Employee Wellness Program
- Opportunity to advance to team leader, program coordinator or Case Manager
- CDS, CRMA, CPR and first aid classes where we pay for the training and you get paid to learn
- Extremely supportive environment where management is committed to your success
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.