The STRIVE Program of PSL Services is designed to address the many issues faced by young tweens, teens, and adults (ages 11-24) with intellectual disabilities. STRIVE's After School Program is an opportunity for students to participate in an ongoing extension of their typical school day that reflects their individual, family and school district goals. Benefits of the After School Program include responsive programming efforts that support self-determination for the student. Areas that we focus on include: improving fundamental academic skills, developing leadership potential, improving economic opportunities through continuing education, enhancing or upgrading work skills, integrating literary and social skills into occupational/vocational opportunities, fostering career opportunities through education and training, and promoting peer support for parents and siblings of this young population.
We are currently looking for a motivated, energetic and highly organized individual to add to our team. This is a part-time position with opportunities to gain additional hours through other areas of our programming, if interested.
Candidate must be available for the following schedule:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
1:00pm to 5:00pm
- 1:00-5pm, the DSP will pick up students from their respective schools and execute After School program plans, transporting students back to PSL Services/STRIVE by 4:00pm.
Opportunities to gain additional hours are available through other areas of our programming are available.
- Supporting young adults with intellectual disabilities in the community and with their life skills goals on our campus.
- Providing support for our students in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: teaching cooking skills, community knowledge and safety, building banking skills, and educating our students on exercise/wellness techniques.
- High School Diploma
- Direct support experience preferred but not required
- Drivers license and reliable transportation preferred
- The ideal candidate will possess the ability to create positive supports for students and have excellent problem solving skills
Benefits As a valued team member you will enjoy:
- Opportunity for career advancement including free leadership development classes
- CDS, CRMA, CPR and first aid classes where we pay for the training and you get paid to learn
- Extremely supportive environment where management is committed to your success
PSL Services/STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and provider and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its program and activities.